RCV operates under a comprehensive framework of governance endorsed by all its member councils.
The guiding principles of the framework are:
- To support successful delivery of advocacy, programs and communications for rural councils;
- That all member councils are engaged, involved and informed of the strategy, programs and advocacy campaigns of the network;
- That the RCV Executive Committee considers regional equity in recommendations it provides and decisions it makes on behalf of the network;
- That the RCV Executive Committee develops ways to keep all programs and projects ‘fresh’, contemporary and ‘best practice’;
- That there are mechanisms in place to shape and steer the program, define priorities and allocate project resources to ensure accountability to the members and funders of the alliance, and;
- That funds are allocated to projects that empower rural councils to address their current and future challenges in a more sustainable way.
- The RCV Executive Committee is guided by the priorities of the 38 rural councils.
Rural Councils Victoria has established itself as a stand-alone incorporated entity, in accordance with the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012. For a list of Incorporation rules, visit the key corporate documents section of the RCV website.
Towong Shire Council provides Secretariat services to RCV.