RCV operates under a comprehensive framework of governance endorsed by all 38 member councils. The guiding principles of the framework are:
- To support successful delivery of advocacy, programs and communications for rural councils.
- That all 38 councils are engaged, involved and informed of the strategy, programs and advocacy campaigns of the network
- That the RCV Executive Committee considers regional equity in recommendations it provides and decisions it makes on behalf of the network
- That the RCV Executive Committee develops ways to keep all programs and projects ‘fresh’, contemporary and ‘best practice’
- That there are mechanisms in place to shape and steer the program, define priorities and allocate project resources to ensure accountability to the members and funders of the alliance.
- That funds are allocated to projects that empower rural councils to address their current and future challenges in a more sustainable way.
- The RCV Executive Committee is guided by the priorities of the 38 rural councils.
Meetings of the RCV Executive Committee focus on RCV business, strategy, program and advocacy focus and each meeting includes an agenda to reflect this principle. Further information can be found in the RCV Governance Framework.
RCV’s Chair is Cr Rob Gersch
The election for the RCV Chairperson is held every two years. The Deputy chair is elected by the Executive Committee soon after the election of the Chairperson.
The RCV Executive Committee comprises two representatives: a councillor and a senior officer, from each of the six Municipal Association of Victoria rural regions. It meets monthly to provide direction, identify priorities and guide the implementation of RCV’s program.
RCV Executive Committee meetings are generally held on the second Friday of the month in Melbourne.
The RCV Executive Committee provides a program update to the bi-annual RCV Forum comprising the Mayors and CEOs from Victoria’s 38 rural councils.
The RCV Secretariat provides monthly reporting to the RCV Executive Committee and a Yearly Report to Victoria’s 38 rural councils.
Cr Robert Vance
Pyrenees Shire Council
Cr Leo Tellefson
Buloke Shire Council
Cr Mohya Davies
South Gippsland Shire Council
Cr Jan Vonarx
Alpine Shire Council
Helen Anstis CEO
Baw Baw Shire Council
Ray Campling CEO
Yarriambiack Shire Council
Juliana Phelps CEO
Towong Shire Council
Cr Gavan Holt
Loddon Shire Council
John McLinden CEO
Loddon Shire Council
Cr Lyn Russell
Colac Otway Shire Council
Lenny Jenner CEO
Borough of Queenscliffe Council